I don’t know about you but I love reading different quotes. I like learning from the wisdom of others, especially as it applies to animals. Mommy and I often go through dog quotes and sometimes I even post them on my Facebook fan page. Mommy often agrees with the quotes and talks about how other people have perfectly put her feelings into words.
I want to share some of my favorite quotes with you and see whether or not they resonate with you too.
- “Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies.” –Gene Hill
- “The more people I meet the more I like my dog.” –Unknown
- “I once decided not to date a guy because he wasn’t excited to meet my dog. I mean, this was like not wanting to meet my mother.” –Bonnie Schacter
- “To err is human, to forgive, canine.” –Unknown
- “Do not make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans or they will treat you like dogs.” –Martha Scott
- “Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won’t buy the wag of his tail.” –Henry Wheeler Shaw
- “The dog was created specially for children. He is the god of frolic.” –Henry Ward Beecher
- “No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” –Louis Sabin
- “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” –Andrew A. Rooney
- “He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.” –Unknown
- “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” –Woodrow Wilson
- “No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he has a dog, he has a friend; and the poorer he gets, the better friend he has.” –Will Rogers
- “A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.” –John Holmes
- “My little dog—a heartbeat at my feet.” –Edith Wharton
The last quote might just be Mommy’s favorite because that is EXACTLY how she feels about me. She feels this all of the time, except when she is carrying me. Then she feels that I am a heartbeat against her own heart!
Did I miss any great ones? Do YOU have any favorite dog quotes? I would love to see them in the comments below!